Friday, December 25, 2009

Tiny Hands Christmas Tree Tee

Merry Christmas!!


Here's a quick last minute Christmas Tree Tee I made yesterday:

I just followed the simple instructions to make the classic kid's craft Hand Christmas Tree, but used material and felt instead like the Tiny Hands Turkey and the Felt Gingerbread House applique shirts I made for Serenity.

This time I traced Serenity's BFF, Cobee Lynn's hands.
Then I used some eco-fi felt for the tree trunk, and made the hand and trunk appliques using Heat 'n Bond.
I did hand sew the biggest star button I could find on the top of the tree - but no machine sewing is needed if you use the red package of Heat 'n Bond.
The star is very small - so maybe a felt star will look better?
Oh well!
I plan to make Serenity's tee later - I want her to wear it to see Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
She's been asking to see it since the first time she saw the commercial with the girl chipmunks!

Here's cutie pie Cobee Lynn wearing her new Christmas Tree tee shirt!

Making tees by tracing your child's little hands is a BIG hit with them!
They LOVE 'em!


Hope y'all have a wonderful day!


BCD Show and tellHookingupwithHoHParty Button


Happy Holidays!!

StumbleUpon.com

10 comments:

Liz said...

very cute

Anonymous said...

The top and your daughter are both adorable !

Katie said...

Cute! I saw that kind of a tree on some tutorial blog, but using paints I think? Very cute as an applique! Check out the Christmas Tree applique I made for Hayden this month. I finally posted it last night. Merry Christmas!

Brandy @ The Moody Fashionista said...

Adorable!!!

Nishant said...

The top and your daughter are both adorable !

Work from home India

Andy Porter said...

That is soooo super darling. I was trying to figure out how to decorate an apron for the hubbies grandma before Christmas. This would have been absolutely perfect! I'll have to snatch up this idea for next year!

Naturally Carol said...

That is a georgeous Christmas outfit, I like the skirt as well!

AllieMakes! said...

SO cute! I think we will be doing this! Thank you for the inspiration!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

cleverlyinspired said...

Love it! Sharing on FB

Emma said...

I love the different patterns you used for the hands. Also, this will makes a great keepsake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails