Thursday, October 22, 2009

T-Shirt Tutu Skirt



Last week I bought Serenity a really cute orange Tulle Skirt from Crazy 8 online. It arrived yesterday afternoon. When I saw the little skirt, I immediately thought - "I bet I could sew this"!

I was kinda nervous about creating a pattern for
this type of skirt and in jersey knit (t-shirt) of all materials! But it's really a very simple skirt and drawing up the pattern wasn't as hard as I thought.

And so after a few hours trying to figure out what to do, when to do it, and how to do it, I'm finally finished!

The skirt turned out not too bad, but there are a few things I want to change and maybe tweak (like the elastic waistband - that was actually the hardest part of the skirt). Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results.

Serenity loves it - of course! When she saw what I was sewing, she must've asked me a million times, "you finished Mommy?"!

She calls it a "ballerina" skirt. It looks adorable on her and it's soft and comfortable too.

I'm thinking about creating a step-by-step picture tutorial later today - so keep your eyes peeled just in case!

Hmmm... maybe I need to come up with a better name for the skirt too? How about the Twirly Tee Tutu (skirt)?! Or T-Twirly Tutu (skirt)?

Hahaha!

POST-IT-NOTE: Serenity's top came from Crazy 8 online too. It's on sale for only $4.49! Go here to have a look-see!

Have fun!




Here's a couple of pictures of Serenity wearing the Crazy 8 Tulle Skirt (12.99). Her shirt ($2.99) came from Crazy 8 too - both pieces are on sale right now. Her leggings ($5.99) came from Target.




UPDATE: Wanna learn how to make this skirt? Check out my Twirly Tee Tutu Tute!

StumbleUpon.com

5 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

Aren't kids sooo cute when they're excited about what you're making!

It's adorable.

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

That is really cute, I am excited for the tutorial. I made a regular tu-tu skirt for the first time last night for my 5-month-old as part of a costume. It was harder than I thought it'd be :) I like the solid layer you have going here. Can't wait!

Katie said...

Very cute! Maybe Mia would keep a tutu on if there is a soft layer underneath.

Polka Dot Moon said...

Can she be any cuter???? Seriously!

Love ALL the outfits :)
Denise

Unknown said...

That is really cute, I am excited for the tutorial. I made a regular tu-tu skirt for the first time last night for my 5-month-old as part of a costume.

Funny Teeshirts

Related Posts with Thumbnails