Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pencil Wands (Star Pencil Toppers)


Roots and Wings Co. posted the cutest Pumpkin Pencil Topper tutorial a few weeks ago.

Anjeanette's little boy has EE and can't have candy. She came up with these felt pumpkin pencil toppers so he could have something besides candy to share with his classmates!


How creative!

You can make Turkey toppers, Christmas tree toppers, Mardi Gras mask toppers, Valentine heart toppers, Easter egg toppers... well you get the point!

And they would be great Birthday party favors too!
So I shopped around looking for Disney Princess pencils, and I found 6 pencils at Family Dollar for only $1!




Then I created a star template page in Powerpoint (download the PDF file here), and got to work.




I didn't have E-6000 glue, but Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue worked just as good.



These came together very quickly, even if you're a beginner sewer you won't have any trouble with this project!

But remember - if you're working with craft felt (like I am) be careful removing the template. Because craft felt isn't as durable as 100% wool felt, it's easier to mess it up.

I used 1 1/2 pieces of craft felt (4/$1) to make all 6 pencils ($1) - so that's around 25¢ a pencil!

Cute and cheap!

I want to give a BIG Thank You to
Anjeanette and Roots and Wings Co. for sharing their awesome Pumpkin Pencil Topper tutorial!

Have fun!





StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

BJ_Mama said...

So very CUTE!!!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Oh my gosh! You are so sweet! And your project turned out so cute! I'm glad you were able to use my little tut. It totally makes my day when people can use my little instructions for something of their own!!

Anjeanette

Corey~living and loving said...

darling. Talk to me about how you made a template in powerpoint. I'm very intereted in knowing how you did that.

kasandria said...

These are super adorable!
Kasandria

Related Posts with Thumbnails