Sunday, October 11, 2009

DIY Party Favors: Princess Packs

I'm putting together Princess Packs for Serenity's birthday party and I wanted to share some of the amazing tutorials I'm using to do it.

First up are the tutus. I'm making tutus based on
all the Disney Princesses! I'm not quite finished with all of them yet, I ran out of tulle! But I ordered more from Nashville Wraps, and it'll be in next week. I'll post pictures of all the completed tutus later this week!

Go check out my posts how to Satin Wrap A Tutu and how to Cut Tulle for a Tutu Using a QUICK and EASY Method. You'll find some links to different tutu making tutorials too!




The Felt Crown by Juicy Bits



The Princess Wand by Zakka Life:
Photobucket

or this one:

Tulle Pom Pom Magic Wand by Lisa E. on Cut Out + Keep:
Photobucket

or these:


How to Make a Tulle Wand by Sweet 'n Sassy Girls
(I ended up making these! Check 'em out here)


The Bug Catcher necklace by Whimsy Love (I'll fill them with little trinkets):


POST-IT-NOTE: Based on this idea, I'm making Fairy Catchers! Check out my post that shows you how to make a tiny fairy! I bought brand new small gumball capsules from Variation on Etsy. Excellent and helpful seller!


The Magic Coloring Wand by Me!



Felt Princess Crown ponytail holders using this DIY hairband tutorial.



Star (or a Princess crown) pencil (Disney Princesses) toppers (I made them! LOOK here!) using this cute Pumpkin topper tutorial by Roots and Wings Co.:



A small bag of felt Bow-Tie Pasta by Me:



Remember these from the 80's? A Braided Barrettes tutorial by Wee Folk Art:



And a drawstring bag from Obsessively Stitching


or

Gift Bags by Me!
(I ended up doing these!)


This is what I have in mind for the Princess Packs - I just hope I can finish everything!



AND BTW...

Here's a couple more adorable tutorials I found over at One Pretty Thing today that I wanted to link and share with y'all!

The Sparkly Mermaid Tail by Elegant Bloggery:

Marisa only paid $12 for
both Mermaid tails! These would be darling to sew for all the tiny guests at a Little Mermaid theme Birthday Party!

The Fairy Wand from Zakka Life:



I found this darling tutorial today and
had to share! How cute would this top look with a tutu?! You could use Disney Princess material to stick with your Princess theme too!
I just wish I could get the hang of shirring!!
I want to try one more time - by sewing this top!

The Shirred Mod Top tutorial by Sew Retro Chic

I made a cute and very easy to sew Summery Bandana Halter top that's perfect with a tutu too!



POST-IT-NOTE 2: I would like give a HUGE thank you to 10marifet.org for linking this post!

Have fun!

StumbleUpon.com

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! That's pretty ambitious. And awesome.

Marjorie said...

That is a great collection! How fun!

Live, Love, Craft said...

Wow! What lucky kids to be getting such a great bag of goodies!

Marie said...

That's great! Thanks for sharing! I'll definitly have a go at some of those! I want to start off with some felt pasta (and other food), my girls would love it!
I love your blog, by the way! :)

Katie said...

I just LOVE all this princess stuff! I have to say, I'll be stopping by regulary-your blog is great :) I've linked you to my blog. Last night I scrolled through all of your posts and got some great ideas for Christmas presents for my daughter. She's the same age as Serenity and is my little model for everything as well :) check out my miamoodesigns.blogspot.com blog. I make and sell baby accessories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails