Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Felt Bow-Tie Pasta


I put this little set of Bow-Tie (Farfalle) pasta together using One Inch World's easy tute! I used the colors like Haba's Biofino Store Farfalle Noodles 'cause they are so bright and colorful!

Please ignore my sad little bow and plain label! I can't tie a bow and I have a horrible handwriting!

I think I'm going to add these little bags of Bow-Ties (18 per bag) to the party favor bags I'm planning for Serenity's birthday. If I do, I think I'm gonna ask my sister to write the labels -her handwriting is
much better than mine!

I hot glued these together since I don't know how to needle felt (yet!). I ruined quite a few before I got the hang of it too. I kept putting
way too much glue on the "noodles"! Guess what? Hot glue is HOT! Yep, it's true!

If you're going to use hot glue to hold your noodles together, here's a few tips I learned:

FOLD the noodle first. Rub your folds to get good creases.


Add a small, thin bit of glue down the middle.


Pinch the noodle together until the glue dries a bit.


Once the glue has dried completely, cut any excess glue that might have beaded up while you were pinching it. I always had a tiny bead of glue I had to cut off.


It was easy once I somewhat got the hang of the glue gun. But I'm slow - I wonder if I could needle felt it faster? I wanna try!

I've just been using regular craft felt - not nearly as nice as wool felt! But I can't find wool felt around here - I'd have to order it online I think. Well, maybe one day if I get better at making felt food I might get some!

For more cool felt food tutorials from One Inch World, you've got to check out her felt tomato
and Ravioli - they look so real!


More felt foods I've made:
Pop-Tarts
Felt Agnolotti Pasta
Felt Tortelloni Pasta and Tin
Felt Valentine's Day Fortune Cookies
NO-SEW Felt Cheese & Spinach Ravioli
Felt Eggplant Spinach & Tomato Lasagna


I hope y'all like this latest felt-food addition!

Have fun!

StumbleUpon.com

5 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

oooooh cute! Thanks for sharing.

Cole's Corner said...

These are adorable! I think I need to make some, too.

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Oh my word! Can you say adorable? These are great.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

I'm making these for my daughter's birthday in a few weeks. Thanks for the ideas.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Just finished these and posted about it on my blog at http://helpinglittlehands.blogspot.com/2009/12/felt-food-bow-tie-farfalle-pasta-twelve.html

My camera is terminally ill and doesn't focus well, so I just took pics of what I did different and sent people back here to see your directions. Thanks for the great ideas and I'll be posting about making the other felt food you've done soon. This was my first felt food and your directions made it SO easy. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails