Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sugar 'n Honey Scrub


I kind of combined two different sugar scrubs to get this one.

Craftstylish has a yummy recipe for a Creamsicle Body Polish that is a snap to make. I love the scent she used, vanilla and sweet orange! Mmmmm!

The other scrub I borrowed from is an Oatmeal and Brown Sugar Scrub at Teach Soap. I especially like the honey and jojoba oil in that recipe!


Sugar 'n Honey Scrub:
1 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup honey (I used dark raw buckwheat honey)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon jojoba oil
1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
15 drops sweet orange essential oil

Add honey, olive oil, jojoba oil, vanilla, and essential oil in a bowl and mix well. Add the raw sugar, mix well, then put it in your favorite jar/container! All done!

It's a wonderful body scrub and excellent for feet, hands, and elbows. It leaves your skin all nice and soft!

I wanted to add oatmeal and the oil from a Vitamin E capsule to the scrub too, but I didn't have any. I think it would've been interesting with the oatmeal. This was fun, cheap, and very easy to make. You can get really creative and experimental by adding all kinds of different stuff to your own scrubs.

Of course scrubs make great gifts too - I'm sure your family and friends would love getting the results of your experiments - this stuff is expensive in the stores!

Googling "sugar scrub recipe" netted 152,000 hits!

Have fun!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails