Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sagan's Diaper Cake

I made this diaper cake for Sagan's baby shower on Sunday. It's the first time I've made one by myself.

A HUGE thank you to my baby sister for showing me how to do this! I love you chick!

I hope Sagan likes it!





I used an entire box of 92 Swaddlers (size 1) and a glass Munchkin bottle in the center of the cake. Since I was in a hurry, I didn't fill it with anything - it's just diapers. The flowers, butterflies, and ribbon were 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby. All together, the cost of the cake was around $40. It would've been less, but I had to buy a 3-pack of glass bottles - I couldn't find the singles! I saw some people on youtube.com using baby powder and baby lotion instead of a bottle. I've even seen them use an unopened champagne bottle! I might try something like that next time!

I was going to hang toys, pacifiers, teethers and other thingys, but I thought it would distract from the butterflies and flowers. So I piled (somewhat orderly) all that stuff in a baby bathtub!

POST-IT-NOTE: A BIG thank you to everyone for leaving all the wonderful comments on my Giveaway posts! These are my first Giveaways and it's great to see everyone participating and enjoying it!

Have fun!

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fabulous!!! great job!

My Trendy Tykes said...

I love the diaper cake. I want to try one soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails