Saturday, September 19, 2009

Felt Pop Tarts


I'm completely addicted to making felt food! My latest are a couple of delicious pop tarts with sprinkles. They are pretty simple to make too - I'm still sticking with the basics for now.

Here's how I made Pop Tarts for Serenity:


Materials needed
:
2 pieces of 4 1/2 " l x 3 1/2" w light brown felt
2 pieces of 3 1/2" l x 2 1/2" w white felt
colorful tiny beads
upholstery thread
embroidery thread
needles and pins (not pictured)
scissors



Sew the beads on a piece of white felt:



Arrange both pieces of white felt in the center of one piece of
brown felt and sew (machine or hand stitch) around the edges.



Place both pieces of brown felt together and embroidery
around the edges using a blanket stitch.



All done!



Simple, huh? Serenity likes them! Wouldn't it be neat to make chocolate, strawberry, and blueberry pop tarts too?!

POST-IT-NOTE: I used craft felt but I really, really want to try 100% wool felt! I hear it's so much easier to work with and your results are much nicer! I need to start searching for places to get it online!

POST-IT-NOTE 2: I would like give a HUGE thank you to One Pretty Thing for linking this post!


More felt foods I've made:
Felt Bow-Tie Pasta
Felt Agnolotti Pasta
Felt Tortelloni Pasta and Tin
Felt Valentine's Day Fortune Cookies
NO-SEW Felt Cheese & Spinach Ravioli
Felt Eggplant Spinach & Tomato Lasagna

I hope y'all like this latest felt-food addition!


Have fun!


giveawaysThe Girl Creative DIY Day @ ASPTL http://www.thethriftyhome.com


StumbleUpon.com

25 comments:

Cole's Corner said...

They're adorable.

Many people sell wool felt on etsy. I haven't bought any yet, either, because it's so much more expensive than craft felt. But I know you can get it there.

Love your blog, btw, and Serenity is adorable!

Marjorie said...

I also like feltorama.com

Marjorie said...

sorry...My first post didn't go through...
I have bought wool felt here:
http://www.achildsdream.com/handwork_supplies/felting_crafts/index.htm
I also like feltorama.com (which I mentioned above)

Your Pop Tarts are too cute!

Anonymous said...

I've been a total lurker lately ;) Love your blog, came here via Ashley's and wow, your felt food ROCKS! The poptarts are so adorable that you may have tempted me to finally make some felt food...which I haven't because it involves hand stitching, which I don't do! ;) Great job!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! so cute!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Oh how I do love felt food. You are totally rocking out on the felt food!!

Anjeanette

Heidi Boos said...

Ack! These are the cutest little things. I think I might just have to get motivated to make some of this felt food...however, I might just have to pass the idea onto my mother! :)

Andy Porter said...

They just look so realistic! I love your peppermint tree as well!

wilderlamb said...

I have ordered felt from American Felt and Craft. They have awesome colors and a few typed of felt.
http://stores.americancraftandfelt.com/StoreFront.bok

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

This is great! They'd be great in the kitchen Santa brought for my 3 yr old.

Kathryn said...

Looks like they would be a lot of fun to play with.

Anonymous said...

These are very cute. My kids would love them for their play kitchen. Adding it to my 'will make it one day' list :).

P.S. I found you through Today's Creative Blog. Happy crafting.

Sam said...

oh dear lord cuteness overload.. i will be using this as inspiration! thanks so much!

Channyne \ˈsha-nən\ said...

so stinkin cute... if only my kids knew what pop tarts were.

Unknown said...

Instead of 100% wool felt, try a 20 or 30% blend. It has a nicer feel than craft felt, but is more reasonable cost-wise. Joann's has some for $8-10/yard or, I buy mine in small amounts from Lilly Bean:
http://www.lillybeanmarket.com/index.asp?lt=felt

Unknown said...

I love these! How creative... the pop tarts look adorable. Well done! Ann at HouseFinally

Lori said...

What a fun idea! i love it in your toaster.. that looks super cool.

I'm having a party get your craft on thurs. and would love for you to attend...

Love it!!!

Prior said...

Sew Fun! I just want a Bite! Lezlee

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

My daughter would love these!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

these look good enough to eat! my son saw the pic and yelled 'POP TART!" So great job! I love it! I may have to make some for him! : )

Sam said...

Oh this is so cute!! My kids would love these for their play room kitchen. I may have to give this a try! :)

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

I just wanted you to know that I featured these pop tarts here:

http://firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com/2010/01/spotlight-sunday.html

Bre said...

My son loves the Brown Sugar Poptarts! He would love to have these in his Dramatic Play Area. Thanks!

Expressions by Heather said...

I love, love, love this one! This is going on my list!

Kim said...

I love your pop tart, however I don't like the idea of little tiny beads on the toys for my children. So I used lots of differnt colored emboridy floss to make the sprinkles on top. The back of the top piece gets messes, but you sew it to the brown so, it does not matter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails