Tuesday, January 3, 2012

DIY Leave-In Conditioner w/Rite-Aid Sulfate-Free Renewal

While in Rite-Aid one day I spied some sulfate-free conditioner from Loreal called EverPure:


If you color your hair, it's supposed to help the color last longer - and a little bit goes a long way.
It wasn't expensive (around $6?), but sitting right new to it was Rite-Aid's copycat brand, Renewal for only $4.99.
I'm always looking for good products to try in Serenity's hair so I thought, why not?
With my Rite-Aid Wellness card, it was only $4.49.

Not bad!

I've been using it for well over a month now, and so far I find it's doing a very good job.
Serenity's hair can get pretty dry, but sometimes if I use too much oil it becomes lifeless.

Since I've been using Renewal, Serenity's curls are poofy without being too dry.
When needed (super frizzy days), I do add a little Bee Mine's Juicy - but just a tiny amount.


I like mixing Renewal with water before putting it in her hair (I use plain water to spritz her hair too), and then I carefully brush out her curls with the Tangle Tamer (or the Tangle Teezer - depending on how bad the tangles are!).

The mixture is excellent for a quick cream rinse and detangler too!

After about 6 weeks, one 8.5 fl oz bottle has gone a long way.
So if you're interested in trying it to see how it works in your child's hair, the price can't be beat.

Here's how I made the leave-in conditioner I use everyday in Serenity's hair:

Ingredients:
2 - 2 1/2 oz. of sulfate-free Renewal conditioner
18 - 22 oz. of HOT water
empty bottle
{I use an 18 fl. oz. Method dish soap bottle w/pump}
measuring cup
whisk

Measure out between 2 - 2 1/2 ounces of conditioner:

Add 18 - 22 ounces of HOT water:

Whisk until all the lumps are gone:

Carefully pour it into the bottle:

All done!
Shake well before using - and remember a little goes a long way.

You'll probably have a little extra left over - no matter, I just use that bit first.
This mixture works good for Serenity's hair, but you might find you need to add more or less Renewal.
Work with it until you get it just right for your child's hair.

Oh and if you're wondering about the smell, I like it.
It's sorta minty - but not too strong especially after you mix it with water.

Have fun!






StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails