Friday, January 8, 2010

Valentine Felt Bracelet/Cuff



I whipped up Serenity's sweet bracelet in no time.
This is a very easy little project to do with your kids.
It didn't cost me a penny to make either - I already had all the materials!
Help your kids to make several so they can hand them out to their friends on Valentine's Day!


Materials needed:
3 3/4"l x 2"w strip of felt (or whatever length and width that fits your child)
2 buttons
felt applique
3 3/4" piece of ribbon (or the same length as the felt)
5" piece of braided embroidery floss
needle & a bit of embroidery floss
glue gun & glue
pinking scissors
lighter or fray check
(sorry, the last few items aren't pictured)




1. Pink the top and bottom edges of the felt - my piece is 1 1/2"w after pinking.
2. Apply fray check or use a lighter to seal the ends of the ribbon.
3. Hand sew a button to the felt flower applique.
4. Center the end of the braid on one side of the felt piece (on the top), and then hot glue it down.
5. Hot glue the ribbon down the center of the felt (covering end of the braid).
6. Hand sew a button on top of the ribbon - opposite the braid.
7. Hot glue the flower applique to the center of the bracelet.

All done!
I did this really quick, mostly hot gluing all the pieces together.
But I think it would look very pretty with a little hand embroidered stitching along the edges too.



Serenity liked her new bracelet so much, she asked me to make another one for her BFF Cobee Lynn, and it made me realize these would be super fun Friendship bracelets for Valentine's Day - or any day!



I hope y'all liked this quick little craft!

POST-IT-NOTE: Just in case y'all were wondering, I bought Serenity's shirt from Em Tanner Designs!

POST-IT-NOTE 2:I would like to give a HUGE thank you to Bobbityboo and Someday Crafts for linking this post!

Have fun!

monogramPhotobucket


Creative Crafts by FloralShowers http://www.thethriftyhome.comDIY Day @ ASPTLMakingDIY Day @ ASPTLBCD Show and tellgiveawaysSumo's Sweet StuffMake it Yours @ My Backyard EdenLINKPARTYBUTTON



StumbleUpon.com

19 comments:

Andy Porter said...

You are such a smarty pants! It turned out so adorably cute!!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Love it! So cute!

Mrs. Petrie said...

What a cute idea! It would be a fun Vday gift for my playgroup buddies. I'll have to check out your blog, it looks great. :)

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

Your little girl is a lucky little girl (and cute too!) All of your darling projects she gets to model- so fun!

Katie said...

Very cute! This reminds me a lot of the Valentine hair clip I came up with for Mia this year and for my upcoming giveaway so stay tuned!

Unknown said...

How cute! I can't wait to start making Valentine Gifts! Super cute!

Mama Lusco said...

Wonderful idea! It looks so cute and easy. Thanks for sharing!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Featured AGAIN at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com TOO Cute!

Katie said...

Cute, I made something along the same lines last year but used velcro to close it. My daughter still loves wearing it.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute. My daughter would love it!

XOOX
Jen

Ashley said...

Very cute!

jen said...

CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THESE

Tiffany said...

I will be making these for sure! Thanks so much for sharing and for linking back! hugs!
-Tiff

Raise Them Up said...

These are sweet! I wonder if there is a little boy version...

Expressions by Heather said...

Adorable!

Thanks for linking up with Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

That's a cute idea, but we will take the gorgeous model instead...darling girl!!!

Lei said...

SO DARN CUTE!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Super cute! It even matches your daughter's pants!

Thanks for linking up this week!

Katherine said...

So cute (love how it perfectly matches her pants!) and I bet it was quick to whip up! My girls would love these! Thanks so much for linking up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails