I whipped up Serenity's sweet bracelet in no time.
This is a very easy little project to do with your kids.
It didn't cost me a penny to make either - I already had all the materials!
Help your kids to make several so they can hand them out to their friends on Valentine's Day!
3 3/4"l x 2"w strip of felt (or whatever length and width that fits your child)
3 3/4" piece of ribbon (or the same length as the felt)
5" piece of braided embroidery floss
needle & a bit of embroidery floss
glue gun & glue
lighter or fray check
(sorry, the last few items aren't pictured)
1. Pink the top and bottom edges of the felt - my piece is 1 1/2"w after pinking.
2. Apply fray check or use a lighter to seal the ends of the ribbon.
3. Hand sew a button to the felt flower applique.
4. Center the end of the braid on one side of the felt piece (on the top), and then hot glue it down.
5. Hot glue the ribbon down the center of the felt (covering end of the braid).
6. Hand sew a button on top of the ribbon - opposite the braid.
7. Hot glue the flower applique to the center of the bracelet.
I did this really quick, mostly hot gluing all the pieces together.
But I think it would look very pretty with a little hand embroidered stitching along the edges too.
Serenity liked her new bracelet so much, she asked me to make another one for her BFF Cobee Lynn, and it made me realize these would be super fun Friendship bracelets for Valentine's Day - or any day!