Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TRESemmé Naturals Silicone-Free Conditioner


Everybody who reads my blog knows how much I love the Curly Q line - it's just the BEST! But buying the whole line can get expensive so I'm always trying new things in Serenity hair.

I've been using Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner to wash and condition Serenity's hair, but a couple of weeks ago while in Target I spotted TRESemmé Naturals silicone-free conditioner. It was less than $5 for a BIG 25 ounce bottle and I thought, why not? So I grabbed a bottle.

Well let me say that I LOVE THIS STUFF! It's amazing that this product works as good as it does for less than $5!

I've been using it every other day for 2 weeks to wash and condition Serenity's hair. Basically all I do is apply it all over her hair (I sorta squeeze it into her curls), leave it in for 5 minutes, brush using the Tangle Teezer and then rinse. Next I apply about a quarter-size amount as a leave-in conditioner. I'm still using Curly Q's Moist Curls for tangles (but I find I don't have to use as much). On the days I don't wash, I just apply about a quarter-size (or more depending on what's needed) to Serenity's curls along with Moist Curls. It actually does a good job as a leave-in conditioner, it doesn't weigh down her hair at all and leaves it so soft.

Except for using Curly Q's Moist Curls as a detangler and Gel-les'c to hold her curls in place after I've styled it, I haven't used anything else for the past two weeks - I wanted to see how well Naturals would work.

I noticed a difference right away! I mean immediately - its amazing the results I'm getting with this product. With this unbelievably
cheap product!

I got curious about what exactly some of those big-named ingredients were - so I Googled it.

The blog, My Journey Back to Natural has an excellent and extremely detailed post about all the ingredients in TRESemmé Naturals. It's so helpful! Mikimu breaks down each ingredient and explains exactly what they mean. Nice!

I also checked out a few TRESemmé Naturals reviews on youtube:



Now I have to say that while Curly Q's is my personal favorite, I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't afford to use their entire line every day, so I'm very excited to find a highly acceptable substitute!

TRESemmé Naturals Silicone-Free Conditioner does an amazing job and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Serenity's hair will continue to do good with this product.

Have you tried it? Let me know what you think too!

POST-IT-NOTE:
I followed a leave-in conditioner tip I found over at Measured by the Heart using TRESemmé conditioner and it works great!
I put the conditioner in an empty Blended Cutie Satin Style Reviver spray bottle.
Satin Style Reviver is awesome - but $16 for an 8 ounce bottle.
I go through an 8 ounce bottle in no time, so I can't always afford that price.
Making my "own" using TRESemmé conditioner is much cheaper and it works!

Have fun!

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Nevaeh said...

How long have you been using it. I did hear that she has only been using it for a wk. I recently found a new product at the salon I got my hair cut and love it but its for after the shower but is awesome. I was using carols daughter but so expensive and I still am on the hunt for shampoo and conditioner. I have also heard good things about mixed chicks but I can only get online so again to expensive so I never tried it.

Angie - treasuresfortots@gmail.com said...

I've been using the conditioner in Serenity's hair for two weeks now. I haven't tried the TRESemmé Naturals shampoo, but it's supposed to be low in sulfate and work better than other shampoos. If it's as good as the conditioner, then it's worth trying for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails